Whats your brand all about, I mean your personal brand. What results do you get when you type in your name in the “Google Search” Tab? An area so important that it cannot be ignored anymore and here are some tips and links to get you started:
1. Get expert tips to introduce yourselves to strangers, acquaintances and business contacts. (https://tinyurl.com/ybcsmr9q)
2. Khan Academy has a fantastic online course on Storytelling by “Pixar Studios”. (https://tinyurl.com/zygqcrj)
3. Get a URL under your name, I have one at www.kazinajibashraf.com and helps me get noticed at the right forums.
4. Rehearse your story as recruiters do not have time to either read lengthy CV’s or conduct in-depth interviews. If you have a great elevator pitch then 75% of the work is already done. (https://tinyurl.com/ybcsmr9q)
5. Know what’s happening in the tech world even if you are not a techy. Innovations in every field are affecting us and it’s a great way to starting a conversation. I loved this article from the Wall Street Jornal: https://tinyurl.com/y9rmut6c.
In the end, try to speak up at meetings and forums. There is a story behind you and there’s a brand shouting to get out there in public, go for it.