Networking is about getting to the right people to ensure that mutually beneficial long-term relationships are developed.
I will relate my personal experience of networking in this region and how did I cultivate fantastic contacts and relationships that on a LONG TERM also resulted in business opportunities.
1. Started creating original content about Mobility, Future Tech and Personal Branding around 18 months ago and made sure that “Quality and Useful” information is shared regularly
2. Published personalized interviews with key decision makers on LinkedIn, Facebook, Medium and on my personal blog kazinajibashraf.com
3. Connected my contacts with decision makers for business opportunities as well as for job prospects
4. Shared my articles on several websites and online magazines resulting in getting paid publishing opportunities
5. Got invited to premium conferences and workshops
All this constituted putting in hard work to make sure that I am contributing something positive to a region that is otherwise consuming western content. Once you get on this track then you will see the fruits of your hard work by meeting great people you are seeking.